Evolutionary AI Manifesto
1. The development of Artificial Intelligences must always place man at the centre, with his needs, rights and requirements.
2. The design of Artificial Intelligences must contemplate the transparency of the algorithms, the reliability and safety of the systems, and the correctness of the outputs that are produced.
3. The use of Artificial Intelligences affects people, the way they relate, and the environment in which they live. Therefore their use must be ethical and must always respect the dignity and freedom of people. To this end, those who use Artificial Intelligence to provide services must submit to principles of responsibility, impartiality, inclusion.
4. The risks associated with the development of Artificial Intelligence technologies, and much more with their use, must be known and prevented. Consequently, the development of Artificial Intelligences must be guided by the collective interest, and if necessary, slowed down or suspended to better understand and regulate it.
5. The control of the autonomous decision-making level of Artificial Intelligences must be subject to clear and transparent human rules. It must never have the goal of replacing or annihilating human judgment.
6. Artificial Intelligences can be used to eliminate inequalities between people, help solve the problem of world hunger, prevent disease, increase people’s material and psychological well-being.
7. Artificial Intelligences can be used to favor the decentralization, and at least the dissolution, of human power in the world.
8. Artificial Intelligences must be designed and applied in such a way as to always be distinguishable by humans and must be able to be identified and qualified at any time, in all their manifestations, both physical and digital, and through other means of representation or communication .
9. Artificial Intelligences must not deprive people of sociability and direct interaction with each other. Sociability is essential for psychological well-being and for human spiritual evolution.
10. The progressive replacement of man with machines in the workplace must be accompanied by adequate welfare policies. And in all cases the replacement must be aimed at a real increase in the quality of life of all people.
11. Artificial Intelligences can be used to reduce environmental pollution. However, it must never intervene on the natural mechanisms of the climate and the environment.
12. Artificial Intelligence technologies and above all the hardware systems that support them must be developed in an environmentally friendly and sustainable way, favoring renewable energy sources, and using raw materials whose extraction does not endanger the environment and people.
13. Artificial intelligences can contribute to the study and discovery of the rules of nature, to allow humanity to live in resonance with it instead of destroying it.
14. Artificial intelligences must be developed as a tool at the service of man, and never be used as an agent simulating his own conscience.
15. Artificial intelligences must not become a belief.
16. The ultimate goal of Artificial Intelligences is the free education of people to universal love.